Mixalot LLC is a software startup that integrates technology into social events, including face-to-face speed dating and business mixers. We are creating a network of nationwide events that utilize our patent-pending software to coordinate live social interactions. Mixalot aims to combine the best of tech and offline worlds to promote greater connections and community in real life.
Event Host Position:
Mixalot LLC seeks a social, outgoing event host to lead speed dating, business networking, and other social events. We are currently hiring hosts in:
- New York, NY
- Portland, OR
- San Francisco, CA
This consultant position pays $18/hour. In addition, some events earn a commission bonus of 20% of ticket sales generated via your own promotion.
- Welcoming event attendees and providing a friendly, supportive leadership presence.
- Acting as “MC” during the event.
- Utilizing the Mixalot software (through a web-based dashboard) to manage event registration and run activities during the event.
- Managing any event assistants as needed.
- Communicating reliably and responsibly with venues in preparation for events.
- Arriving early at the venue before events to set up the space for the event.
- Providing top-notch customer service to all customers.
- Conducting event cleanup, ensuring that we maintain positive relationships with venues.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience MC’ing events and is a friendly people-person.
- Is tech-savvy and comfortable learning new software.
- Has access to a laptop that can be brought to events to run the software.
- Is reliable and dedicated to a high level of professionalism in the workplace.
- Is dedicated to providing excellent customer service to all customers, including difficult ones.
- Can provide two professional references for her/his work hosting events.
Typical events last approximately 3-4 hours including setup and cleanup. We anticipate needing a host for 1 event per month per city initially, with potential for growth. Events typically take place during evenings or weekend afternoons. To apply, please send a brief cover letter, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.