Mixalot LLC is a software startup that integrates technology into social events, including face-to-face speed dating and business mixers. We are creating a network of nationwide events that utilize our patent-pending software to coordinate live social interactions. Mixalot aims to combine the best of tech and offline worlds to promote greater connections and community in real life.
Event Host Position:
Be an Event Host for an exciting new tech startup!
Mixalot offers a new way to meet people at networking, dating, and conference events. Combining the best of online preferences and offline interactions, our patent-pending software pairs participants on a series of meetings with people at a live event who best fit their interests.
Mixalot licenses our software to companies and individuals that run events, including business networking, conferences, and speed dating. At present, we are seeking an Event Host to lead Mixalot events in San Francisco and Portland. Initially, you will be responsible for hosting a monthly speed dating event. A partner will handle all the event promotion, although additional promotion (with commission on tickets sold) is also welcome.
- Welcoming event attendees and providing a friendly, supportive leadership presence.
- Acting as “MC” during the event.
- Utilizing the Mixalot software (through a web-based dashboard) to manage event registration and run activities during the event.
- Managing any event assistants as needed.
- Communicating reliably and responsibly with venues in preparation for events.
- Arriving early at the venue before events to set up the space for the event.
- Providing top-notch customer service to all customers.
- Conducting event cleanup, ensuring that we maintain positive relationships with venues.
Be a part of a rapidly growing startup running events nationally! Join our team!
We pay $18/hour for event hosting, plus commission on referred tickets. In addition, as a Mixalot Host, you receive generous referral bonuses on clients you refer to Mixalot who run their own events.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience MC’ing events and is a friendly people-person.
- Is tech-savvy and comfortable learning new software.
- Has access to a laptop that can be brought to events to run the software.
- Is reliable and dedicated to a high level of professionalism in the workplace.
- Is dedicated to providing excellent customer service to all customers, including difficult ones.
- Can provide two professional references for her/his work hosting events.
Typical events last approximately 3-4 hours including setup and cleanup. We anticipate needing a host for 1 event per month per city initially, with potential for growth. Events typically take place during evenings or weekend afternoons. To apply, please send a brief cover letter, along with your resume, to email@example.com.